Thursday, October 7, 2010

F-85 Rocket Car

I was remembering today how this whole started. I had bought a bunch of parts along with a car from a buddy of mine. He lived in Columbus Oh, he called one day and said I am getting out of Oldsmobiles and into Jeeps, do you want to buy all my stuff? Well, I thought about it for about 2 secs, sure I said I will be out as soon as I can. I hooked up my trailer and my son and I were off. We ended up with 1 1970 442, 3 engines, 2 transmissions, a ramair hood and enough spare parts that we almost didn't have room to fit everything. My truck was so overloaded that by the time we got back to Virginia my brakes were metal on metal. ( A little costly ) The trunk was full of stuff. We started to unload everything to see really what we got. I realized the body, even though it was a real 442, was totally gone. I stripped everything out of the 442 and began my search for a rust free body. I found a 1970 F-85 in Hickory, NC owned by a little old lady. Lol, true, no kidding. My friend had bought it from the family, but it was truely rust free. It had a 6 cylinder eng, good for a boat ancher. And that is how we ended up with a F-85 Rocket Car!  Stay tuned, and we explain how we have gotten to this point.   

No comments:

Post a Comment